Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday, Feb. 22 Agenda


  • Bell Ringer: Write this if you didn’t; if you did, read your book:
    • **In writer’s notebook: What books have you read (or been exposed to) that you feel should not be accessible to children or teens? Why or why not?  What books have you read that you think ‘adults’ may have issues with? Why would they?
    • Discuss your answers from yesterday/today
  • Discuss the following question with your partner/group, then in WN, write about Flight –is it ‘bad’, should it be challenged or banned? Why do you think people could have had problems with it?
    • Bring this paragraph and the ideas from yesterday/today to me when you are finished, then work on your paper
  • Writer’s Workshop time for compare and contrast essay
    • At this point you should be working on your second draft of all paragraphs
    • If you want me to read through, talk to me and let me know if I should read for craft or editing
      • If I’ve read through for one, you can ask me to read through for the other
    • Works Cited Page
    • Final draft due MONDAY!!
    • If you are done with your paper, you should read your independent book

No comments:

Post a Comment